LYL Season 3, Ep. 7 – The 21 Ways to Become the Most Productive Person You Know
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
I am a dreamer. Someone who gets stuff done. Well, most of the time. Sometimes I get some things done. I am a “I mostly get things done” kind of person.
Unless I am crazy busy and my schedule causes me to stress out. Then I become a “pull out my hair because I get nothing done” guy.
During my most productive times I am pursuing the most important things necessary to get things done…
The 21 Ways to Become the Most Productive Person You Know
Influence doesn’t happen on accident. Neither does productivity. It’s all about being intentional. Start with these tips to intentionally become more productive on doing the things that matter. From Robin Sharma and her wonderful post here.
1. Check email in the afternoon so you protect the peak energy hours of your morning for your most important work.
2. Stop waiting for perfect conditions to launch a great project. Immediate action fuels positive feedback.
3. Big, brave goals release energy. Set them clearly and revisit them every morning.
4. Mess creates stress. Get rid of the mess.
5. Sell your TV.
6. Say goodbye to the energy vampires in your life (the negative souls who steal your enthusiasm).
7. Run routines. Routine defeats chaos. Peak productivity’s not about luck…It’s about devotion.
8. Get up at 5 am. Win the battle of the bed.
9. Don’t do so many meetings.
10. Don’t say yes to every request.
11. Outsource everything you can’t be BIW (Best in the World) at.
12. Stop multi-tasking.
13. Get fit like Madonna. Getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your creativity.
14. Workout 2X a day.
15. Drink more water.
16. Work in 90 minute blocks with 10 minute intervals to recover and refuel.
17. Write a Stop Doing List.
18. Use your commute time. Become a student in Car University.
19. Be a contrarian. Do things at off-peak hours and you’ll save so many of them.
20. Get things right the first time.
21. Get lost. Don’t be so available to everyone.
(If you haven’t taken the Live Your List Assessment, it isn’t too late. Story continued below.)
What now? Dominate Your To-Do List
We have sampled some of our favorite productivity hacks to help you create the world’s greatest to-do list..
Download the worksheet below and post your thoughts on the Live Your List Facebook group. Continue to be awesome. Repeat.
The World's Greatest To-Do List
The Alaska 20
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.