LYL Season 2.5 #TBT – What Does Love Got to Do With It? 5 Questions to Help You Know if You’re in Love
Love and marriage, love and marriage! We are talking about the “L” word on The Live Your List Show. On this Throwback Thursday episode Jerrod and Ryan discuss why you shouldn’t fall in love, which love song is the biggest load of crap, and they give you five factors to determine if you are actually in love.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
5 Questions to Determine if You Are in Love
1. Do you hold the same belief system? Every individual has “deal breakers” that can break a relationship. Be honest with each other, face hard truths, and decide if certain issues (religion, political ideology, future goals, etc) are deal breakers early in a relationship.
2. What are your top 10 desired traits? Have a list of traits you desire in someone you want to love. A list of traits keep you from being emotionally driven to make smart choices in love.
3. Do you make each other better? Do you challenge each other to grow, do you encourage each other? Do you make each other better?
4. Is this person your best friend? If someone is not your best friend early in a relationship, it will be hard for them to be your best friend long term.
5. Who cares the most in the relationship? If you can ask that question and give a single answer response, you are in a bad relationship! The person who cares the least in the relationship runs the relationship. Each member of the couple should care for the other more than themselves.
This Episode’s Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman – Marriage should be based on love, right? But does it seem as though you and your spouse are speaking two different languages? New York Times bestselling author Dr. Gary Chapman guides couples in identifying, understanding, and speaking their spouse’s primary love language—quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, or physical touch.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What tips do you have for someone who is looking for love? Do you agree with Jerrod’s thoughts on love? Please leave a comment below.