LYL Season 2.5 #TBT – Carlos Whittaker on Becoming a Moment Maker – You Can Live Your Life Or It Can Live You
Be a Moment Maker! Life is too short to overlook the small moments in life. On this Throwback Thursday episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan share their favorite created moments, five ways to rescue any moment, and we interview Carlos Whittaker about his new book Moment Maker.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Carlos Whittaker – Author of Moment Maker
Chances are that you know the Carlos Whittaker story. You know about his time at Andy Stanley’s North Point community church, about that tattoo, that viral video and the People’s Choice Award. You know all about that blog which comes in just behind Piper and Driscoll in the top five charts and you’ll know about the debut album with Integrity Music. We’re guessing you’ll also know about the fact that for Carlos Whittaker, the prospect of a world without social media is, frankly, terrifying.
But that is neither the whole story or the bigger picture. And when it comes to the words and sounds of Carlos Whittaker, the whole story and bigger picture matter a lot
Carlos is married to his wife Heather and they have 3 children. In November 2006 Carlos and his wife Heather adopted their son Losiah from Seoul Korea.
Carlos lives for this…
To ignite a movement among all generations of Christians that disturbs and disrupts the evangelical church into a place of seeing Christ’s face fresh again.
How to Rescue Moments to Be Intentional
1. Be a learner. Whenever failure happens, if you are reading and growing and expanding, the failures don’t impact you as much.
2. Be ridiculously grateful. Before failure happens, if you are thankful for the opportunities to learn and grow from your mistakes and failures you can rescue your moments.
3. It’s not about you. Many times we can’t get so focused on our own tasks and achievements that when things don’t go well, it is the end of the world. Make sure to focus on others to rescue moments.
4. Keep your legs moving. Good running backs keep their legs moving to gain extra ground. When we fail we tend to stop, sit or mope. To rescue your moments you need to keep moving.
5. Remember your purpose. Purpose is a verb, not a noun. It is serving, giving, empowering, or mentoring. It is not your current project or job title. To rescue your moments, remember that you need to keep focused on your overall purpose.
Nick Collison Pick of the Day
1. Moment Maker: You Can Live Your Life of It Can Live You by Carlos Whittaker – How to Make Every Moment of Every Day Count Every moment of every day, you have a choice to make. You can either let the minutes pass you by or you can claim them for what they are: opportunities to unlock the full depth of life’s potential.
Hustle Highlight – Kyle Price of The White Swan Project
Kyle Price is the brains behind the White Swan Project. The Project is about both the journey and the destination. A youth leader living intentionally to raise money for his kiddos by bartering items.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: How do you rescue moments? Please leave a comment below.