LYL Season 2.5 – Jon Acuff – The Difference Between Starting, Quitting, Do Over & How to Not Be a Jerk
On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk to New York Times Best-Selling Author Jon Acuff, we learn why Jon’s favorite Instagram account, how to remain normal during a meteoric rise, and what will be his next step in life.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Jon Acuff – New York Times Bestselling Author
Jon Acuff is the New York Times Bestselling author of four books including his most recent, Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck.
For 16 years he’s helped some of the biggest brands in the world tell their story, including The Home Depot, Bose, Staples, and the Dave Ramsey Team. Most recently he’s spoken to hundreds of thousands of people at conferences, colleges, companies and churches. A media feature, Jon has been seen on CNN, Fox News, Good Day LA and several other key outlets.
In addition, he’s become a social media expert with blogs that have been read by 4 million people and more than 215k twitter followers. In 2010 he used his influence with his tribe to build two kindergartens in Vietnam. Jon lives with his wife Jenny and two daughters in Franklin, TN.
Nick Collison Pick of The Day
1. Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck by Jon Acuff – Now it’s time to amplify them and apply them in a new way, creating a Career Savings Account™. This unique approach will give you the power to call a Do Over—whether you’re twenty-two, forty-two, or sixty-two. You’ll have the resources to reinvent your work and get unstuck. You’ll even rescue your Mondays as you discover how to work toward the job you’ve always wanted!
Just as a bank account protects you during a financial crunch, a Career Savings Account™ protects you during a career crunch. You need a CSA because you’ll eventually face at least one of these major transitions:
• You will hit a Career Ceiling and get stuck, requiring sharp skills to free yourself.
• You will experience a Career Bump and unexpectedly lose your job, requiring strong relationships to survive.
• You will make a Career Jump to a new role, requiring solid character to push through uncertainty and chaos.
• You will get a surprise Career Opportunity, requiring dedicated hustle to take advantage of it.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.