LYL #090 – Is This Worth It? – 5 Questions to Determine Your Dedication
Are you determined to reach your dream? Are you really? On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan play a highly contested game of ping pong, update the 11:11 Christmas Challenge, and interview the one and only Matt Ham about how to live a dream with a family. We also ask the five questions you need to know to determine if you are dedicated to your dream.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Matt Ham – Redefine Rich
Matt Ham is dedicated to guiding others toward rich living. His own experiences have led him to the understanding and freedom of a rich life, and through his RICH Principles he helps folks uncover true richness, identifying real treasure and discovering true joy and contentment.
A successful small-business owner ranking in the top 1% of all agents in his industry, Matt’s proudest title is that of husband and dad. Matt and his wife, Liz, have three sons under the age of three, of whom the younger two are identical twins. As an avid triathlete, Matt trains and competes in races of various distances throughout the year, including the Half Ironman. Matt holds a degree in Communications with minors in Religious Studies and Statistics, from North Carolina State University, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. Matt and his family make their home in Wilmington, North Carolina.
11:11 Make a List Challenge – Christmas Version
Join the Live Your List Facebook group here.
5 Questions to Ask to Determine Your Dedication
1. Would you invest your own money? If you are truly dedicated to your goal or dream you will be willing to spend your own money.
2. Will you sacrifice free time? This is what we call hustle time…when you have free time what do you spend your time doing?
3. Have told people about it? You need to tell the people closest to you that you want to pursue this dream, and then shout it from the mountaintops.
4. Are you prepared for failure? If we could predict the finish line, we would all be billionaires. At some point you have to start and be prepared to keep going when the bumps in the road arrive.
5. Would you do this if you never got fame or fortune? When you are dedicated to a dream you are willing to pursue it knowing you may never get rich and famous.
Michael S. Hyatt is the former Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. He blogs at michaelhyatt.com on “intentional leadership.” He writes on leadership, productivity, publishing, and social media. You can download his free ebook, Set Yourself Up For Your Best Year Ever: The 8 Strategies Super-Successful High Achievers Use to Prepare for the New Year.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.