LYL #073 – Overcome Fear by Being Intentional – The Seven Levels of Live Your List
What if you’re afraid that you may not accomplish your goals? What if fear is evident in your life, but it is disguised by other things? On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk about fears, we talk about a bucket list, and we talk about why you should absolutely Live Your List on Live Your List Fear Week.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
The Seven Levels of Live Your List
1. Take Responsibility For Your Life. You can not start to Live Your List until you decide to take ownership of your actions, strengths, and even failures. Most importantly you are responsible for your reaction to life’s adversities and curveballs.
2. Create a Bucket List. Everyone has a list of things they have always wanted to do in life, but few have actually written it down. You have to write down a list of all of the things you want to see, do, be, or accomplish in life. This is a list of your life goals, dreams, and ambitions.
3. Set SMART Goals. It isn’t enough just to have a list, you have to start putting them into action. SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. Each goal should be reviewed often to achieve success.
4. Live in Quadrant 2. If you want to set and accomplish huge goals in your life, you have to take advantage of your time. We base our life off a mixture of Stephen Covey’s Time Management Matrix and David Allen’s Getting Things Done.
5. Find Your Verb.Finding purpose in life is a real challenge. We feel like your purpose or calling in life is actually a verb instead of a noun. Finding that verb is influential as you start to Live Your List.
6. Take Ridiculous Leaps. After you have taken responsibility for your life as you set SMART Goals and take advantage of your time, you will probably need to take a ridiculous leap of faith. And then another. And another. These leaps will catapult you as you create momentum and Live Your List.
7. Multiply. This is the ultimate goal. You eventually want to get to a point where you can help others on their journey towards a life of intention. I hope to get here some day!
Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.