LYL #062 – Come Together – 11 Ways to Strike Up a Conversation
We are all so busy in life that often our relationships take the back seat…which is why you should throw a cereal party. On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan tell you why and how you should throw a cereal party, Ryan shares the greatest cereal of all time, give you 11 phenomenal conversation starters, and a hustle highlight that will blow your mind!
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
11 Ways to Strike up a Conversation
1. Ask people where they are from and be interested in their hometown.
2. How are you doing? (And listen for the answer)
3. What do you do for a living?
4. Ask people about commonalities regarding the context of your surroundings.
5. Talk about dream travel destinations.
6. Ask if they have been to your hometown or home state.
7. Start with the phrase, “Tell me about…”
8. Give people options by starting a conversation starter with “Would you like to…”
9. Start with a (non-creepy) compliment.
10. If someone has a unique name, ask for interesting tid-bits about their name.
11. Ask someone their favorite breakfast food item (who doesn’t love breakfast?).
Ryan’s “US Counties Visited” Map
Nick Collison Pick of The Day
Blueberry Muffin Top – AKA the greatest cereal known to man.
Neighbor’s Table – Neighbor’s Table is a love mission of ordinary people loving extraordinarily around the table. Sarah Harmeyer and friends get together around custom-built tables to encourage stronger relationships. www.NeighborsTable.com
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks. Question: Are one-hit wonders successes or failures? Please leave a comment below.