LYL #060 – The Glass is More Than Full – How to Create an Abundance Mentality
It’s not just enough to have a “half-glass full” mentality…you need to have a “the glass is full and there is a pitcher nearby so I can share with my friends” mentality. On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk to the “World’s Greatest Catch Player” Ethan Bryan, discuss how to have an abundance mentality, and give you four practical steps to live life viewing the glass as more than full.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Ethan Bryan – World’s Greatest Catch Player
Ethan Bryan is a husband of 16 years, and getting better at it.
Dad to two amazingly brilliant and gifted daughters.
Author, songwriter, dreamer, and story-teller.
Lover of Dr Pepper, movies, and KC Royals.
How to Create an Abundance Mentality
1. Don’t worry so much. YWith an abundance mentality you don’t have to worry so much. If you think about it as abundance you don’t worry about a competitor getting new clients, you don’t judge others who are successful, and you don’t compare yourself to others who are doing better than you.
2. Acknowledge and appreciate others’ accomplishments. If you acknowledge the success of others you know their success doesn’t take anything away from your hard work. Don’t be one of those people who troll on those who are successful.
3. Get organized. Know where you’re going. Create a bucket list. Set SMART goals. Because if you don’t have those things then you are just chasing your tail. All of these little steps of Live Your List help you have an abundance mentality so you can know there is plenty of opportunities in this world. If nothing else you know where you are going and you can invite others to come with you.
4. Create “Win/Win” situations. In Seven Habits by Dr. Covey, the author talks about putting yourself in a position to win by giving others an opportunity to win. The more often you try to get others to win, the more often you will win.
Nick Collison Pick of the Day
1. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey – One of the most inspiring and impactful books ever written, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has captivated readers for 25 years. It has transformed the lives of Presidents and CEOs, educators and parents— in short, millions of people of all ages and occupations.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
Nolan Ryan vs. Robin Ventura
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks. Question: Are one-hit wonders successes or failures? Please leave a comment below.