LYL #056 – Refill Your Passion Bucket – How to Find Balance While Chasing Your Dream
Where has the Live Your List Show been? On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan have their most honest “Let’s Be Honest” segment, share why sometimes chasing your dreams is hard, and why you shouldn’t compare your blooper reel to someone else’s highlight reel.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Tips on How to Find Balance
1. Know your signs of fatigue. Watch the signs your body and personality are giving that will let you know that you need to find balance. If you are pushing yourself so hard that your body fights back…you might need to find balance. If you are acting in a way that goes against your core…you might need to find balance.
2. Say no. Learn to say no to the things you can’t or do not want to do while following your dream. Early on in your chase you may have not had the opportunity to say no…now you might need to say no!
3. Delegate when you can. Many dreamers have a hard time placing their dream into the hands of another person, however, if you want your dream to grow and prosper you must delegate to others so you can find balance.
4. Admit it. Admit that you can’t do everything. Admit that you are not superman. Admit that you might need to get help. Admit that you need to slow down. Admit that you made a mistake. Admit it!
5. Treat yourself. Treat yourself with letting the dishes be dirty for a little bit. Relax. Work at becoming a better relaxer and treat yourself with downtime.
6. Invest in yourself. Be willing to spend the time and money to invest in yourself to get away and relax or find balance.
7. Force boundaries on yourself. If you are having a hard time finding balance in your life, set up a system that forces you to find a balance in your life.
8. Take a sabbath. When you work all of the time, if you take a sabbath you will find opportunities to find balance.
Nick Collison Pick of the Day
1. ATracker App – ATracker helps you managing your daily tasks in a simple and elegant way! One tap to start / stop time tracking, with minimal setup and fully customizable user interface. It’s a fresh way to organize your day… within a few taps.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Are one-hit wonders successes or failures? Please leave a comment below.