LYL #048 – Your Perfect Career – The 3 Things You Need to Do to Land Your Dream Job
It’s a beautiful thing when a dream and a passion come together…some would call that a dream job. On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan share their dream jobs, interview The Resume Lady, and talk about the top jobs of 2014.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Amy Campbell – The Resume Lady
The Résumé Lady is an independent resource who specializes in High Quality Résumés which require extensive technical and presentation writing for a wide range of positions though primarily focused on the Industrial Maintenance and Reliability Engineering Industry.
The Three Things You Need To Do To Land Your Dream Job
1. Do it for free first. If you aren’t willing to do it for free, than it probably isn’t your dream job. Also, if you are interested in changing or pursuing a dream career, try it out for free to see if it is something you would actually want to pursue.
2. Do it better than anyone else. Do your job not just better than expected, but better than anyone else can do it. It is easy to say this…but actually follow through by doing the small things right.
3. Do the things no one else is willing to do. Find something no one is willing to do (the grunt jobs) and do those jobs, and do them very well. The leaders of your dream industry will appreciate the your attentional to detail and willingness to succeed.
Nick Collison Pick of The Day
1. Me 2.0 – 4 Steps to Building Your Future by Dan Scwabel – Me 2.0 shows job seekers and established professionals alike how to leverage the power of online media for personal empowerment and career success.
2. The Maximum Success with LinkedIn by Dan Sherman – Leverage the power of the world’s largest professional network for all your business purposes. Maximum Success with LinkedIn revolutionizes the way busy professionals use LinkedIn. It isn’t just about professional networking and job-seeking; it’s a step-by-step guide to answering any professional challenge by harnessing the potential of LinkedIn.
3. Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence by Dan Goleman – Combining cutting-edge research with practical findings, Focus delves into the science of attention in all its varieties, presenting a long overdue discussion of this little-noticed and under-rated mental asset. In an era of unstoppable distractions, Goleman persuasively argues that now more than ever we must learn to sharpen focus if we are to survive in a complex world.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: How do you get from your day job to your dream job? Please leave a comment below.