LYL #042 – Failure is Not Fatal – How to Avoid and Overcome Adversity
Failure is not fatal. On this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan share their biggest failures and how they overcame them, the misconceptions of failing, and how you can become better from failing.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
How to Avoid and then Overcome Failure
1. Realize everyone encounters failure. Have you failed? You are not alone. All of us have failed in some area of our life. Don’t let the fear of failure overcome and rule your life.
2. Take personal responsibility for your failure. Admitting to your failure and learning from your mistakes is paramount to overcoming the stigmas of failure.
3. Don’t quit your day job. Stay with your current job longer than you think necessary to guarantee .
4. Have an abundance mentality instead of a scarcity mentality. Like all of the great goals you have in your life, a dream vacation doesn’t just magically happen. Writing it down makes it a reminder for your life and keeps you motivated to making your dream vacation a a reality.
5. Jump on other people’s bandwagon. Just because you didn’t come up with the idea or solution you should try to help everyone grow and succeed. Encourage others to succeed and you will likely follow in their success.
6. You shoot at two targets you are bound to miss both. Focus on one item that you can succeed with, and then move on to others. It is like a juggling act, you can do several things at one time, but not until you master the number of items you currently hold in your hand.
Nick Collison Pick of the Day
1. Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success by John C. Maxwell – New York Times best-selling author John C. Maxwell has the answer: The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.
Most people are never prepared to deal with failure. Maxwell says that if you are like him, coming out of school, you feared it, misunderstood it, and ran away from it. But Maxwell has learned to make failure his friend, and he can teach you to do the same.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: How do you handle failure? Please leave a comment below.