LYL #037 – Jerrod Goes to Ireland and Rubs it In Ryan’s Face – A Live Your List Project Update
Jerrod took Stephanie Bolen, the first #LiveYourList Project Award Winner to Ireland. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan share a few of their lessons learned while traveling, but mostly Jerrod rubs it in Ryan’s face that he went to Ireland.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Places to See in Ireland
1. St. Patrick’s Cathedral – Saint Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin, also known as The National Cathedral and Collegiate Church of Saint Patrick, Dublin, or in the Irish language as Árd Eaglais Naomh Pádraig, founded in 1191, is the larger of Dublin’s two Church of Ireland cathedrals, and the largest church in Ireland,
2. Books of Kells – The Book of Kells is an illuminated manuscript Gospel book in Latin, containing the four Gospels of the New Testament together with various prefatory texts and tables
3. Trinity College –Trinity College, formally known as the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin, is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin in Ireland.
4. St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Dublin –The principal aim of St. Patrick’s Festival, since its inauguration, is to develop a major annual international festival around the national holiday over which the ‘owners’ of the festival, the Irish people, would stand proud. It sets out to reflect the talents and achievements of Irish people on many national and world stages, and it acts as an exciting showcase for the manifold skills of the people of Ireland, of every age and social background.
5. Greystones, Ireland – The town of Greystones is located on the east coast just south of Bray Head. Originally a small fishing village, Greystones has grown significantly over the past number of years but has not lost its friendly and welcoming village atmosphere.
6. Watch a Rugby Match With People From Ireland – The Ireland national rugby union team represents the island of Ireland (both Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) in rugby union. The team competes annually in the Six Nations Championship (which they have won twelve times outright and shared eight times) and every four years in the Rugby World Cup, where they reached the quarter-final stage in all but two competitions.
Lessons Learned While Traveling
1. Break your routine. When you are traveling, break your daily routine to do things that you normally wouldn’t do. Those are the critical moments that often lead to the best memories.
2. You manage things, you lead people. When you are organizing an event or activity you must manage the things you do, but you must lead the people who will make your trip happen.
3. Take crazy action. When you break the routine, take crazy action to do things you normally wouldn’t do. Make the once in a lifetime memories that you will never forget.
4. Sometime it’s OK to make people upset. As a leader you can’t make everyone happy, it is important for you to make a decision and go with it. Especially if you are looking out for the best interest of your people.
5. There are incredible people everywhere. You can not travel the world without realizing how great people are all around the world. It challenges your cultural beliefs and will give you opportunities to learn more about yourself.
Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. CGP Grey – C.G.P. Grey is an eponymous YouTube channel featuring short explanatory videos by Grey. The channel’s first popular video was an explanation of the terminology of the British Isles, which went viral.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Have you been to Ireland? What is Jerrod leaving out? Please leave a comment below.