LYL #034 – Don’t Wait Until The 4th Quarter – How To Overcome Procrastination
Excuses make great buddies and terrible friends. Excuses lead to procrastination. You want to eliminate procrastination so you can Live Your List. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan give you a hustle highlight, five ways to kill procrastination, and the top 11 clutch players of all time.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Five Ways to Kill Procrastination
1. Identify your most effective time of the day. Find the times of day that you are most productive and be efficient during those times.
2. Swallow the frog. Whatever that task is that you don’t want to do make sure you do it as quickly as possible.
3. Delegate. If you don’t want to do something, give it to someone else. Truthfully, play to your strengths and delegate things to others who would enjoy those tasks.
4. Learn to say no. Overcommitting leads to procrastination. If you have too much on your plate you will save some for later, and that “later” will never arrive.
5. The five-minute trick. Just get started and trick your mind by just setting aside five minutes to get started.
Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. Delegation Matrix by Michael Hyatt – To be an effective leader, you have to become good at delegating. The problem is that what made you successful doesn’t usually scale.
To grow—both personally and organizationally—you have to increasingly focus on those high payoff activities where you add the most value and get rid of everything else.
2. mindtools.com questionnaire – A short assessment that will help you determine if you are actually procrastinating.
3. Getting Things Done by David Allen – In today’s world, yesterday’s methods just don’t work. In Getting Things Done, veteran coach and management consultant David Allen shares the breakthrough methods for stress-free performance that he has introduced to tens of thousands of people across the country. Allen’s premise is simple: our productivity is directly proportional to our ability to relax. Only when our minds are clear and our thoughts are organized can we achieve effective productivity and unleash our creative potential.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
Hustle Highlight of the Week
Randy Langley is one of the masterminds behind the Launch Out Event. We are proud of you Randy.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: How do you overcome procrastination? Please leave a comment below.