LYL #032 – The Offseason Determines the Postseason – How Discipline Affects Every Area of Your Life
The offseason determines the postseason because everyone needs more discipline in their life. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan share 10 steps to more discipline and Jerrod even shares his worst day as a minister.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
10 Steps for More Discipline
Check out thefeelgoodlifestyle.com for some great thoughts on discipline.
1. Make the decision in advance. Know ahead of time what you are going to do when you come across any situation.
2. Exercise…Yep, I said it. Exercise leads to more discipline. When you exercise you get more energy and follow-through with discipline.
3. Know your why. Know the reasons why you need to be disciplined in certain areas. Create a “why list” that will help you stay focused when you struggle.
4. Start fired up. Do the things early in the morning that will help you be fired up throughout the day. Put yourself in a mindset to succeed.
5. Treat Yo Self. Build in ways to give yourself a reward when you have been working hard and being disciplined.
6. Never multitask. Focus on one task at a time and work on it until you finish. You will gain confidence and will build the willpower muscle.
7. Be accountable. Have people in your life that will hold you accountable for your actions and shout from the mountaintops what you plan to achieve so others can have help.
8. Burn the ships. Do whatever it takes to eliminate the excuses that you might have to be disciplined.
9. Eliminate unnecessary decisions. Remove the small daily decisions that you typically make so you can focus on things that really matter.
10. 100% commitment is easier than 99% commitment. If you build yourself an out or an opportunity for an excuse you will not be is disciplined.
Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. Nine Things Successful People Do Differently by Heidi Grant Halvorson – Take your cues from the short, powerful 9 Things Successful People Do Differently, where the strategies and goals of the world’s most successful people are on display—backed by research that shows exactly what has the biggest impact on performance. Here’s a hint: accomplished people reach their goals because of what they do, not just who they are.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
“It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.” – Zig Ziglar
“Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There’s plenty of movement, but you never know if it’s going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Hustle Highlight of the Week
Kevin Buchanan has been killing it by getting up at 5 am every single morning to hustle and encourage you.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Where are a few places Jerrod and Ryan need to go? Please leave a comment below.