LYL #029 – Action Beats Intention: Greg “Heady” Coleman Shares How to Go Win While You Live Your List
Live Your List is all about being intentional…and so is Go Win. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk to Greg Coleman about the Go Win Approach, and how to add a superhero list to your life to get ahead.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Gregory “Heady” Coleman
Gregory “Heady” Coleman is married to the beautiful Bernadette Coleman. They have 3 amazing children from the age range of 7 to 16. They happily live in Guthrie Oklahoma. Heady is passionate about people. His personal mission statement is to help individuals and teams go further better by teaching them the Go Win Approach. Heady gets the opportunity to be on a dynamic team at North Church in Oklahoma City. He also gets to facilitate and lead small to big size groups for Public Strategies. Heady is still learning to make paper airplanes by night.
1. Create a superhero list. What are the things that you could be doing that would make you feel like a superhero? It could be to lose weight, it could be to write that book, it could be to spend more time with your wife and kids.
2. Brainstorm the right things you could be doing to achieve superhero status. If losing weight would make you feel like a superhero, what are the right things you could be doing to achieve your goals? It could be running consistently, eating less calories, etc.
3. Smarty-Pants. Always be consistent in your learning. What are the books, workshops, and seminars you need to accomplish the right things?
4. Right People. Surround yourself with people who are challenging you to grow and achieve. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to be around the right people.
5. Develop a plan. A dream becomes a goal when you create a plan. Put together a plan of action to achieve the items on your superhero list.
6. Treasure-measure. You find your treasure in what you measure. Start measuring out the steps you need to take to make the right things work for you.
7. Take action. Get started right now to achieve superhero status. Action always beats intention.
8. Revisit your lists. Consistently check your lists to make sure you are measuring your progress and goals.
This Episode’s Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C Maxwell – Are there tried and true principles that are always certain to help a person grow? John Maxwell says the answer is yes. He has been passionate about personal development for over fifty years, and for the first time, he teaches everything he has gleaned about what it takes to reach our potential.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What things would you add to your superhero list, and what are the right things for you to get there? Please leave a comment below.