LYL #025 – Make Your Money Work For You – Jeff Rose of Good Financial Cents About How To Get Ahead to Live Your List
You don’t have to be rich to Live Your List, but it certainly doesn’t hurt things. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk to Jeff Rose of Good Financial Cents about how to make your money work for you so you can Live Your List.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Jeff Rose, Author, Financial Planner, Founder of Alliance Wealth Management, LLC
Jeff Rose is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional, CEO and Founder of Alliance Wealth Management, LLC, an investment advisory firm.
Jeff is also an Iraqi combat veteran having served in the Army National Guard for 9 years, including a 17 month deployment to Iraq in 2005.
He is the founder of GoodFinancialCents.com (recently recognized by Kiplingers as one of the top 10 money blogs you should read) and author Soldier of Finance – his book that combines his military background with his financial planning knowledge.
He currently writes for US News & World Report and Equifax and has been featured in major sites such as Huffington Post, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Kiplingers, and Fox Business.
In his free time, he loves hanging with his family, tortures himself with Crossfit workouts, and daydreams frequently when he can chow down on an In-N-Out Burger again.
Jeff’s Tips on How to Get Ahead Financially So You Can Live Your List
1. Open a Roth IRA. A Roth IRA is an individual retirement account that offers a valuable future tax break: Tax-free income in retirement. Like beauty, the benefit of a Roth IRA is in the eye of the beholder and it all depends on the beholder’s tax bracket–both now and when he or she retires.
2. Take advantage of your credit card opportunities. Of course, be responsible with your credit cards, however, use them for your advantage. Use points to travel for free or nearly free.
3. Get a coach. A coach can help guide you to financial, entrepreneurial, or personal success.
4. Flex your willpower muscle. Spend time every single day focusing on doing the small things right. This will pay off when approaching the big decisions in life.
5. Join a mastermind group. Find a group of like-minded and goal-oriented individuals to help hold you accountable for your dreams.
6. Hustle to get ahead. Take on extra jobs if necessary to dig out of a debt hole.
7. Get a financial adviser. If you want to invest, find someone who will help you direct your money to a place where it will be most beneficial.
This Episode’s Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. Hangout and Grow Rich: How to Build Your Virtual Mastermind in 30 Days by Alex Barker – The chances for your success increase dramatically when you surround yourself with high achievers. They will push you to achieve your goals and dreams. This is the purpose of a mastermind.
But maybe you’re like me. You live in small town USA, and don’t know where to find high achievers. That’s where Google Hangouts comes into your success story. This ebook is a simple guide that will show how you can either join or start a virtual mastermind in less than 30 days.
2. Money Dominating Toolkit by Jeff Rose – Here’s what you get:
2 free chapters to Jeff’s best selling book, Soldier of Finance.
The Top 6 Tools to Get Your Money Back on Track – Jeff gets asked all the time what’s the best money tools out there. Here’s his top 6 picks.
Soldier of Finance inspired budgeting guide – Easy way to get your budgeting on track.
The Bad Habit Destroyer– Learn how eliminate bad financial habits in 21 days
Goal Achiever Worksheet– Setting goals is HUGE. This is the same goals worksheet that Jeff used to grow his business by over 100%.
The Situation Report – Got some debt to take down? This guide will help identify where you need to start.
The Life Insurance Super Saver Checklist – People often overpay for their life insurance. Jeff won’t let that happen to you.
3. Personal Capital The single most important part of your financial life is knowing what you have and where it is. Personal Capital offers free software to do just that. See all of your accounts in one place, make better wealth management decisions, and get objective financial advice from some of the best professionals in the business.
4. Operation Invest Now by Jeff Rose – Operation: #investNOW is about YOU. By taking the pledge and joining this mission Jeff is committed to giving you the tools and resources you need to succeed. It is Jeff’s life mission to encourage over 1 million people to start investing in themselves. He is compiling interviews, blog posts, podcasts, real life experts that have seen massive results because of continually investing into their self worth.
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What tips do you have for us to get ahead financially so we can Live Our List? Please leave a comment below.