LYL #023 – Take Care of Your GUTS First: Casey Lewis Tells Us How To Find Money to Live Your List
It is hard to Live Your List if you are in debt up to your eyeballs. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk to Casey Lewis about how to get out of debt so you can chase your dreams.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Casey Lewis, Author of Impact: Get Rich, Be More Awesome, Change The World!
Casey is the author of Impact: Get Rich, Be More Awesome, Change the World!. It is helping change the financial lives of thousands of people across the USA with simple and practical financial advice.
Casey’s Tips on How to Find Extra Money to Chase Your Dreams
1. Look at your food budget. One of the largest budget line items every month is food. Since you can’t cut eating out of your life, you need to consistently check to make sure you are buying the best food for the cheapest price.
2. Take the time to see if you are spending money on important things. Carefully look at each budget line item to determine if it is truly important to your life. Cable TV is a great example. If you are spending $125 a month on cable, it might not be as important as your dream.
3. Make sure you are getting the best deal on monthly budget items. Check your insurance coverage and make sure you are getting the best deal for your family and your current life situation.
4. Take care of your guts first. Budget your groceries, utilities, transportation, and shelter before any other budget item.
5. Budget at the beginning of the month. Put a dollar number on every single item you plan on spending and stick with it.
6. Hustle to get ahead. Take on extra jobs if necessary to dig out of a debt hole.
7. Get rid of unnecessary items. Go through your house and sell the items that you haven’t used in the last six months.
This Episode’s Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. Impact: Get Rich, Be More Awesome, Change the World by Casey Lewis – You were meant to be awesome! You have the ability to chase your hopes and dreams. You are supposed to pursue your passions and have a career that you love. If you’re like the majority of people in this world though, your financial position is the number one obstacle to you living out your dreams.
Walking through the 4 Phases to Financial Awesomeness, IMPACT will show you exactly how to tear down the financial walls that you’ve built and rebuild a solid foundation for you to use as a platform to launch your dreams. There’s too much average in this world. What we need is for you to be more awesome. We need you to make an IMPACT!
2. Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey – By now, you’ve heard all the nutty get-rich-quick schemes, the fiscal diet fads that leave you with a lot of kooky ideas but not a penny in your pocket. Hey, if you’re tired of the lies and sick of the false promises, take a look at this—it’s the simplest, most straightforward game plan for completely making over your money habits. And it’s based on results, not pie-in-the-sky fantasies. With The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition, you’ll be able to:
1. Design a sure-fire plan for paying off all debt—meaning cars, houses, everything
2. Recognize the 10 most dangerous money myths (these will kill you)
3. Secure a big, fat nest egg for emergencies and retirement!
3. More Than Enough by Dave Ramsey – In More Than Enough, Ramsey gives us the keys to building wealth while also creating a successful, united family. Drawing from his years of work with thousands of families and corporate employees, Ramsey presents the ten keys that guarantee family and financial peace, including: values, goals, patience, discipline, and giving back to one’s community.
4. Impact University – Casey Lewis – Awesomeness doesn’t just happen. We all need a plan if we desire to have great finances, a great career, and a great family. Impact University is that plan.
Using a combination of online video curriculum, social media accountability, course discussions, and interactive activities, Impact U teaches practical steps to tear down the financial walls you’ve built and helps make your money the best friend of your dream. This class will teach you how to pay off debt, build a firm financial foundation, save and invest wisely, and chase after your dreams like never before.
Casey’s List of Who to Follow on Twitter
Rachel Cruze – @rachelcruze
Chris Hogan – @chrishogan360
Casey Lewis – @caseynlewis
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What have you found to get out of debt? Do you agree with Casey’s methods? Please leave a comment below.