LYL #017 – Picking Up Trash – Darrin Ballard of the Great Co-Mission on Pursuing Passion
Have you ever been passion enough to pick through trash? Darrin Ballard of the Great Co-Mission takes cans out of trash bins to raise money for missions. In this episode of The Live Your List Show your hosts Jerrod and Ryan talk to Darrin about how to stay committed to your passions.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
Darrin Ballard of The Great Co-Mission
Darrin Ballard is the founder of The Great Co-Mission. He is also the lead pastor at Morris First Assembly, and long-time friend and even former roommate of Ryan Eller.
The Great Co-Mission recycles to support missions. The Great Co-Mission is a conglomeration of two passions:
1. Missions – We believe that every person in every people group across the globe has a RIGHT to hear the Good News about Jesus Christ.
2. Recycling – The very first job God gave to humankind was to rule over the earth…in other words, take care of it. We believe that we have a responsibility to do our part in recycling the reusable assets the earth has to offer.
SAVE THE PEOPLE
SAVE THE PLANET
How to Keep Your Passion Bucket Full
1. Look past what you see and into the impact you are having. Darrin talks about not seeing the cans, but seeing the opportunity to give to missions.
2. Involve your family. Play to the strengths of the people closest to you…your family. Everyone plays a role and it creates a sense of community.
3. Give to what you love. Darrin loves missions, so each time he volunteers it keeps his passion bucket full because he is so passionate about it.
4. Do the things that fire you up. Doing the things that excite you will keep you motivated for your day job and everyday life.
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: What are some ways for you to take the ordinary and make it fill your passion bucket? Please leave a comment below.