LYL #001 – The Live Your List Show – Seven Levels to a Better You
It is finally here! The Live Your List Show is officially live and on iTunes. In this episode Jerrod and Ryan explain what Live Your List is all about, they discuss the Seven Levels of Live Your List, and they dive in to why it is important for you to start living intentionally.
Click to Listen
If you are unable to listen to the episode, click here.
The Live Your List Show Glossary of Commonly Used Terms
Fired Up Quotes – Jerrod and Ryan are easily excitable. Any time either get fired up by a quote they play the fired up music. This is helpful for Ryan to remember to write it down.
Nick Collison Pick of the Day – If you looked up the word “stud” in Ryan and Jerrod’s dictionary, you would find a picture of Nick Collison. Sir Collison is a basketball player for the OKC Thunder and he sets the greatest screens (AKA picks) in the NBA. Each episode will feature a pick that we feel like deserves being highlighted during the show.
Ping-Pong – Jerrod and Ryan enjoy a good combination of trivia and competition. Whenever they play Ping-Pong they are trying to see who can guess the highest number of answers in a certain topic. For example, in the inaugural episode Ryan & Jerrod try to see who can say the most countries in the world that start with the letter “C.”
The Seven Levels of Live Your List
1. Take Responsibility For Your Life. You can not start to Live Your List until you decide to take ownership of your actions, strengths, and even failures. Most importantly you are responsible for your reaction to life’s adversities and curveballs.
2. Create a Bucket List. Everyone has a list of things they have always wanted to do in life, but few have actually written it down. You have to write down a list of all of the things you want to see, do, be, or accomplish in life. This is a list of your life goals, dreams, and ambitions.
3. Set SMART Goals. It isn’t enough just to have a list, you have to start putting them into action. SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. Each goal should be reviewed often to achieve success.
4. Live in Quadrant 2. If you want to set and accomplish huge goals in your life, you have to take advantage of your time. We base our life off a mixture of Stephen Covey’s Time Management Matrix and David Allen’s Getting Things Done.
5. Find Your Verb.Finding purpose in life is a real challenge. We feel like your purpose or calling in life is actually a verb instead of a noun. Finding that verb is influential as you start to Live Your List.
6. Take Ridiculous Leaps. After you have taken responsibility for your life as you set SMART Goals and take advantage of your time, you will probably need to take a ridiculous leap of faith. And then another. And another. These leaps will catapult you as you create momentum and Live Your List.
7. Multiply. This is the ultimate goal. You eventually want to get to a point where you can help others on their journey towards a life of intention. I hope to get here some day!
This Episode’s Nick Collison Picks of the Day
1. Good to Great by Jim Collins – Over five years, Jim Collins and his research team have analyzed the histories of 28 companies, discovering why some companies make the leap and others don’t. The findings include:
- Level 5 Leadership: A surprising style, required for greatness.
- The Hedgehog Concept: Finding your three circles, to transcend the curse of competence.
- A Culture of Discipline: The alchemy of great results.
- Technology Accelerators: How good-to-great companies think differently about technology.
- The Flywheel and the Doom Loop: Why those who do radical restructuring fail to make the leap.
2. StrengthFinders 2.0 by Tom Rath – To help people uncover their talents, Gallup introduced the first version of its online assessment, StrengthsFinder, in 2001 which ignited a global conversation and helped millions to discover their top five talents.
Ryan’s Top 5 Strengths:
Jerrod’s Top 5 Strengths:
This Episode’s Fired Up Quotes
“Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions. Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits. Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character. Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.” Author Unknown
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a show you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, email me. Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks. Question: What did you think of the first episode of The Live Your List Show? Please leave a comment below.